I think that it is time for me to publish the last post on this blog using WordPress as a domain. As you probably already know, GitHub is my favorite company and I have decided to switch my blog to a completely new domain.
I have published a couple of posts exclusively on the new domain and backed up every post from this domain to my new address (with one exception, but I’m working on it). I feel confident now to make the switch and I started to feel really comfortable using GitHub + Jekyll as a blogging platform, so I’ve decided to drop by and say good bye to my old domain.
From now on, you can follow me on r3bl.github.io. Be sure to use the http version of the site because https version is currently not properly implemented in the code. If you run into some issue while browsing the site or you miss a feature that I had implemented on this domain, feel free to report it here.
As always, you’re more than welcome to contact me anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope that you’ll continue to read me on my new address.
So, apart from writing my first semi-professional paper (which I wrote about – although in Bosnian – here) and organizing a contest on my blog where you could win a couple of Office 365 licenses for free, I started to fall in love into programming again. It’s been a couple of months since I programmed anything.
The last project I’ve been working on is working, but it has a hell of a lot of bugs. It’s called Sensitive Data Grabber and I’ve already written about it on my blog here. So, why ain’t I finishing it?
Well, the thing is that I’ve created that project using Visual Basic inside Visual Studio. You probably know that this kind of environment is Windows-specific. I’ve been spending most of my time lately using Linux as my primary operating system. I’ve found my perfect distribution and it’s called elementary OS (I already covered the reasons why here – again, in Bosnian language).
Now, because I don’t have enough knowledge in any programming language that can be run in my perfect distribution, I’m still adjusting. While I’m doing that, I’ve decided that I want to do something for the elementary community before I’m good enough to program some apps. Because of that, I’ve decided to start translating elementary OS to Bosnian language.
I’m not just getting started, I’ve already finished translating a lot of elementary-related projects. Now I only have seven (out of 37) projects left. That’s a little more than 2.5k strings to translate. It does seem like a lot, but I’m pretty confident that I will be able to finish that by the end of the year. Most of the operating system is already translated. By the time I finish it, I’ll probably be able to program some useful apps and then I’ll start to publish them using my own ppa.
I feel very optimistic right now. As the narrator says in the end of this great video:
I don’t know why, but.. I feel very excited about the future. Anything is possible now.
The translation of elementary OS is almost over! Only a couple of programs until you can use elementary OS without any problems if you come from Bosnia & Herzegovina!